Re: XFS for Linux 1.0.1 Released

Subject: Re: XFS for Linux 1.0.1 Released
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:58:03 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Florin Andrei wrote:

> On 10 Jul 2001 16:03:36 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > SGI is pleased to announce the 1.0.1 release of XFS for Linux.
>
> That's great news!
>
> Guys, can you please make the floppy images available, so one does not
> have to download the entire ISO just to test the new floppies.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei

What I'd find more interesting (since floppy images can't work with some
of the possible kernel options...size gets too large) would be an ISO CD
image that is equivalent to Tom's Root Boot (rescue with everything
under the sun), but XFS based (any rescue or repair tool would be nice,
even if it is for other fs's like reiser or ext3). Such could be done
with probably a 25 MB download (10 to 15 MB with gzip -9), and provide
the ability to format, repair, etc. I mention this because I am still
working on my own custom CD rescue (I recently discovered that one big
problem was that my CD was not a "multiread" version, and could not
handle CD-RW's, only CD-R's...duh). Add to that every test I do
requiring upload/download through 56k/33k modems...I'm slowly getting
there, but it is a lesson in humility.

D. Stimits, stimits@xxxxxxxxxx