Re: XFS and Emacs don't play nice

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS and Emacs don't play nice
From: Colin Walters <walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:05:26 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> writes:

> First of all, I would encourage both of you to update to a more
> recent kernel.

Well, I just switched from ext2 to XFS on my laptop (TiBook), and it
seems to work really well!  I tried for a while to reproduce the
problem I had on my other (desktop) system, with no luck.

I'm currently running:

Linux space-ghost 2.4.6+ipsec+xfs #1 Wed Jul 11 11:12:00 EDT 2001 ppc unknown

I'll try updating to 2.4.6 on my ia32 box and see if I can reproduce
the problem there again.

Thanks for such a great filesystem, by the way!