System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:20:49 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Folks,

I'm seem to be having problems on my DELL PowerEdge 2400 running the XFS
kernels.   Every 10 days or so the systems locks and I have to reboot.
I've tried compiling the kernels with gcc-2.95.2, gcc-2.95.3, and
egcs-1.1.2 with the same results.

I've been folllowing the XFS kernel development and have been trying
updating since 2.4.2-XFS.    I'm wondering at this point if it's not a
hardware problem.  Could it be a problem with the new Adaptec AIC-7xxxx
drivers?   How can I find out if this is the problem?   There doesn't
seem to be any indication of the source of the problem in the log files.

Cheers.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx