System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:20:49 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Folks,

I'm seem to be having problems on my DELL PowerEdge 2400 running the XFS
kernels.   Every 10 days or so the systems locks and I have to reboot.
I've tried compiling the kernels with gcc-2.95.2, gcc-2.95.3, and
egcs-1.1.2 with the same results.

I've been folllowing the XFS kernel development and have been trying
updating since 2.4.2-XFS.    I'm wondering at this point if it's not a
hardware problem.  Could it be a problem with the new Adaptec AIC-7xxxx
drivers?   How can I find out if this is the problem?   There doesn't
seem to be any indication of the source of the problem in the log files.

Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx