Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:42:48 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:20 12-7-2001 -0400, Luc Lalonde wrote:
Hello Folks,

I'm seem to be having problems on my DELL PowerEdge 2400 running the XFS
kernels.   Every 10 days or so the systems locks and I have to reboot.
I've tried compiling the kernels with gcc-2.95.2, gcc-2.95.3, and
egcs-1.1.2 with the same results.

I've been folllowing the XFS kernel development and have been trying
updating since 2.4.2-XFS.    I'm wondering at this point if it's not a
hardware problem.  Could it be a problem with the new Adaptec AIC-7xxxx
drivers?   How can I find out if this is the problem?   There doesn't
seem to be any indication of the source of the problem in the log files.

no errors or such in dmesg after a week?
Have you tried the 1.0.1 rpms yet?

That's weird, are you using a raid controller in this box or software raid?

Bye

--
Seth
I use the last kind.