Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx " <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:54:42 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi Luc,

On Jul 12,  9:20am, Luc Lalonde wrote:
> Subject: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
>
> Hello Folks,
>
> I'm seem to be having problems on my DELL PowerEdge 2400 running the XFS
> kernels.   Every 10 days or so the systems locks and I have to reboot.
> I've been folllowing the XFS kernel development and have been trying
> updating since 2.4.2-XFS.

Could you build a kernel with kdb enabled and dump the call
stack ("bt" command) when the system hangs?  That would give
us a better idea as to whether or not your hang is related to
XFS, and a better starting point for debugging.

It would also probably be worthwhile moving up to the current
development tree which is 2.4.7-pre6 based so that everyone is
looking at the same code when you do extract some debug info.

thanks.

--
Nathan