At 10:55 19-7-2001 +0200, Tru Huynh wrote:
1) 3ware driver 3w-xxxx is not(?) SMP aware?
- current firmware
- current 3w-xxxx drivers:
I guess the SMP kernel come with SMP aware driver :)
Maybe the people over at linux-ide.org have a newer 3ware driver.
2) 3com cards not working properly (3c59x driver)
packet losts, bonnie on nfs (too many interrupts?)
- not errors reported on either cards and switch
(no collisions, dropped. overruns/carriers on
- ok for bonnie, will post the results ASAP.
Do I need to run all 4 combinations UP/SMP 2.4.3/2.4.5?
Mainly the SMP ones. and one UP. Performance between UP kernels will
probably be similar.
3) testing kernel >= 2.4.7pre5
- will do after getting today's cvs update
It's 2.4.7-pre8 at the moment.
4) try SMP+raid5 on local IDE HD to rule out 3ware issue
- I just have a single HD on the primary IDE controller
I can only repartion it by destroying the scratch partition.
Will 3 logical partitions be ok for a minimal raid5 device?
Yes that will do
5) change the chunk-size from 64 to 256/512.
- I guess that is fine tuning :)
Should be faster with large files.
Every program has two purposes one for which
it was written and another for which it wasn't
I use the last kind.