Problem compiling linux-2.4-xfs

To: "LINUX-XFS" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Problem compiling linux-2.4-xfs
From: "Hugo Levasseur" <hugol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:25:03 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to compile linux with xfs support but every time I get a error and the make bzImage fails:

It seems to be compiling in /linux/arch/i386/kdb when it fails.  Here's an example error I get:

i386-dis.c:3538 parse error before 'ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED'
i386-dis.c: In function 'OP_MMX'

Like I said this is just an example.. but they pretty much look all the same.... i386-dis.c:somenumber parse error before 'ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED'
i386-dis.c: In fuction 'somefunction'

Any clues?

  Hugo Levasseur, System Administrator
  ECE Computing Labs, McGill University