Backup ACLs

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Backup ACLs
From: "Juer Lee" <Juer.Lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:21:58 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, All,

Does anybody  have experience in backup ACLs on XFS? I met some
difficulties on that.

>From FAQ of XFS, it says that we can use xfsdump to backup ACLs, the
version of xfsdump I am using is 1.0.2.
I tried them like this:
1. Create a XFS partition -- mkfs.xfs /dev/hda5 -f
2. Mount that partition to a directory  mount -t xfs /dev/hda5 /test
3. Create some files and directories under test , use command chacl to
set the ACLs for them
4. Under root / directory -- xfsdum -f /tmp/xfs_backup /test -- it is
just a test, so I backup it as a file
5. Under directory test, I create another directory test-restore in
advance
6. Under root / directory -- xfsrestore-f /tmp/xfs_backup
/test/test-restore -
After the step 6, I use command chacl -l * to list all files' ACLs,
unfortunately, I couldn't get any of them.

Thank for all in advance, I need help.

Btw, my machine is power PC, my kernel is 2.4.5, I applied all patches
for XFS already.

Juer