Re: GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5

To: "David Lloyd" <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5
From: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:41:03 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi David - Yes, using Red Hat's stock gcc has resulted in some strange
behavior before.  The hunch is that all of XFS's 64-bit code does not
get along well with some versions of gcc.  All of our RPMs were built
with "kgcc" which is probably why they do not exhibit this behavior.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.