Re: fh_verify: permission failure (?)

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fh_verify: permission failure (?)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:34:26 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Darrell Michaud <dmichaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 at 10:20am, Steve Lord wrote

> > On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 at 10:59am, Darrell Michaud wrote
> >
> > > I see this same problem with our test XFS / NFS server.
> > >
> > And I see the same problem on two stock RH-7.1 (i.e. non XFS) NFS servers
> > with Linux and IRIX clients.  I have heard no complaints (well, about this
> > anyway) from the users, though, so I haven't looked into fixing it.
> >

> Define 'problem' here, the code is basically a debug printf which says
> that an nfs client attempted to access a file it did not have permission
> to access and is being rejected. If a user who really does have access to
> a file is rejected by this code then there is a real problem, otherwise
> it is just the kernel being chatty.

Ah, sorry -- I should have been clearer.  I meant that I see the same
*messages* on my non-XFS servers, but none of the users have claimed to be
denied access to that to which they are entitled.  Thus it really isn't a
problem (or, it hasn't been for me), and it isn't XFS specific.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering