Re: Quota - grace

To: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Quota - grace
From: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:39:50 +0200
Cc: Juer Lee <Juer.Lee@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Hello,

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:08:53PM +0100, Juer Lee wrote:
> > Thanks.
> > It works on compiling quotacheck.c ..
> > But when I compile quotacheck_v2.c, new compiling error ' undefined
> > reference to '__fswab64' occured ..
> > I think there must be the probelems when compiling them on PPC.
> > Ok, since Jan will know it, I will wait ...
> >

> I can help on that one - we had a similar problem in the XFS
> user space awhile ago.  At the top of quotacheck_v1.c, where
> <asm/byteorder.h> is, try this...
>
> #if defined(__powerpc__) /* ppc fix from: Robert Ramiega (jedi@xxxxxxxxxx) */
> # define __BYTEORDER_HAS_U64__
> #endif
> #include <asm/byteorder.h>
>

> [This is derived from cmd/xfsprogs/include/platform_defs.h.in]
  Yes. This should fix it but I think right fix would be to fix kernel includes
for ppc - on other architectures __BYTEORDER_HAS_U64__ is defined if __KERNEL__
is defined or STRICT_ANSI is not defined. On ppc theres && instead of ||
(probably
by some accident).
  To that umode_t thing - I don't know why it was there (this was a part of code
I took from older utils :)). It seems to me that as everywhere mode_t is in fact
passed there's not reason for umode_t. So I've changed it to mode_t.

                                                                Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SuSE Labs