Re: productionserver

Subject: Re: productionserver
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:40:28 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 at 17:48, Thomas Kirk wrote:
> Our HW diskarray are gonna be aprox 500gb and we will run raid5 on top
> of that.Any considerations i should do if deploying XFS for the
> server?

If your system will be very busy you may benefit from some optimization
flags that Steve Lord recommended awhile back.

For mkfs.xfs you may want to set "-l size=32768b" which means that the
logfile will be 32768 blocks big, which AFAIK is the maximum for the
internal log. Alternatively mkfs.xfs will figure out an "optimal" default
based on the size of the filesystem to be.

For mounting check out the FAQ entry "What mountoptions does XFS have?".
:)

> BTW i seem to get 2 copies of all the mails from this list?

The list doesn't adjust the reply-to, so by default replies go to the
sender only. So most list members reply to all instead of just replying to
the list. I prefer just sending to the list so I manually change "To" to
just point to the list address.

Why the list server isn't configured to make reply-to the list address is
beyond me, but that's none of my business so I go one with mine. :)

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.