Re: productionserver

To: Thomas Kirk <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: productionserver
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:30:46 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 17:48 23-8-2001 +0200, Thomas Kirk wrote:
On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 05:10:50PM +0200, Seth Mos wrote:

> XFS is nice for larger file sizes and also seems to do reasonably well when
> using large databases.

Our HW diskarray are gonna be aprox 500gb and we will run raid5 on top
of that.Any considerations i should do if deploying XFS for the server?

Not really though, just use it. Make sure to compile with kgcc on redhat 7.1 or at least gcc-2.95.4 under debian and search out a gcc 2.91.66 if you can.
That would be the first thing we ask when you have problems.

Don't use raid 5 if database performance is worth something to you.

BTW i seem to get 2 copies of all the mails from this list?

Because I use reply to all.
Not everyone is on the list. You can post to the list without subscribing.

I use the last kind.