GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5
From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:14:44 +0930
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Compiling the Linus Linux Kernel 2.4.5 patched by SGI for XFS with the
default gcc installed by RedHat appears to:

* fail to unlink files (especially when using vim but other files, such
as images, saved by Opera)

Furthermore, it managed to corrupt my file system to the extent that I
had to run xfs_repair in single user mode. I lost nothing, but...

Interestingly, the prepackaged 2.4.3 release (i.e. SGI had compiled it)
did not display this behaviour.

FYI

DSL

--
MegaHAL: Linuxsa is not incorporated.
User:    Can an incorporated association send out a press release?