Re: GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5

To: "David Lloyd" <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GCC|KGCC + Redhat + Linux-2.4.5
From: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:41:03 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi David - Yes, using Red Hat's stock gcc has resulted in some strange
behavior before.  The hunch is that all of XFS's 64-bit code does not
get along well with some versions of gcc.  All of our RPMs were built
with "kgcc" which is probably why they do not exhibit this behavior.

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.