Re: "getfh failed" again - Resolved

To: Martin Apel <apel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "getfh failed" again - Resolved
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:10:21 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Martin Apel wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried moving some of my filesystems exported via NFS from ext2 to
> XFS. Unfortunately I had the same error message
>   getfh failed: Operation not permitted
> when trying to mount the filesystem from an NFS client as previously
> discussed on this list. I compiled a 2.4.5 kernel with the XFS 1.0.1
> patches using egcs egcs-

Ok, the problem here appears to be that Martin had

applied, which adds an "nfsd_operations" interface between knfsd and the
filesystem.  XFS doesn't have this by default (since this is not part of
the standard kernel) but the patch Jan submitted at

will probably make these play nice together again.

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.