Re: Data destruction

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Data destruction
From: thomas graichen <list-linux.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:03:45 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ivan Ivanov <ivandi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> I spent two days to hack Slackware 8 installer and to add support for XFS
> root filesystem and xfsprogs.tgz package.
> Kernel is 2.4.6 patched for XFS.

> I have the following problems:

> 1. When XFS is root filesystem it can't be checked for errors.
> Wnen I go to runlevel 1 and remount / readonly all xfs repair tools say
> that filesystem is mounted. The only way is to make two boot disks with kernel
> and static linked repair tools on ramdisk.

some possible way around this is my miniroot framework (which is
quite handy in other situations too) ... you may find it at

  http://people.spoiled.org/tgr/unix/miniroot/

maybe it helps someone ...

thomas graichen <tgr@xxxxxxxxxxx> ... perfection is reached, not
when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no
longer anything to take away. --- antoine de saint-exupery