Re: Kernel Oops .....

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:12:03 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 31.08.2001 19:39:10 Seth Mos wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>
>> On 31.08.2001 18:40:57 Krzysztof Rusocki wrote:
>> >Hi Michael,
>> >
>> >Filter this output through `ksymoops' since already THAT
>> >is helpful for linux-xfs developers.
>> >
>> >Cheers,
>> >Krzysztof
>> >

>> Hi,
>> It's done, I hope I've made it the right way it was my first time ;-)
>> so here is the output:
>> hth
>> micha
>
>It seems to be incomplete, it can't find modules info. The function is
>not translated. did you try it like this?
>ksymoops < oops.txt > ksymoops.txt
>
>Doesn't your machine have module support of do you have no modules
>loaded?
>My machines have a /proc/modules file. Weird.
Hi,
I have a kernel with module support, but actually no compiled modules
(will come later if the fs is working properly), so i think that it is ok
that ksymoops cries about my modules (or not).
my command was ksymoops oops.txt >output.txt (not the right way? should  I
call it your way again? I'm a newbie in debugging things....... so tell it
to me).

my /proc/modules is empty!

hth
micha