Re: Kernel hangs with mongo.pl benchmark.

To: Paul Schutte <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel hangs with mongo.pl benchmark.
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:25:16 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Paul Schutte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a problem while doing benchmarks with mongo.pl
>
> The sympthom is that the machine just hangs. No error messages.

Ok, I see this too.... looks like bdflush is the only thing that's
running.

If I try a sync, then that's what hangs, both of these get lost in
write_some_buffers - looks like a deadlock?

Hm.... you think Hans did this on purpose?  ;-)

I'll see if I can find anything next week... time for my weekend now,
I'm afraid.

Thanks for pointing this out!

-Eric

p.s. fwiw, this is on adaptec hardware as well.

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.