Re: lock files after crash

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lock files after crash
From: thomas graichen <list-linux.sgi.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:25:20 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At least you're not alone, I was having the same problem. Did you really
> have a kernel crash? I don't rember what happened in my case but I
> thought I was upgrading some RPM's and when I rebooted next time I just
> couldn't login. IIRC I did not have a kernel crash.

i observed something similar too - the reason why logging in is not
really possible is the existence of some .ICEauthority-* files -
simply removing them should fix the problem - so there is no magic
here - the locking seems to be done pretty trivial via some kind
of normal files

p.s.: i hope i got the content of the question correct - i'm trying
      to catch up the lists now and might have gotten something
      wrong - if so - please forgive me :-)

--
thomas graichen <tgr@xxxxxxxxxxx> ... perfection is reached, not
when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no