Re: Kernel Oops .....

To: Michael Wahlbrink <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 18:35:46 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:

> On 31.08.2001 23:57:07 Seth Mos wrote:
> >On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Bad news.....
> Ok, the Kernel compiled fine with kgcc ;-) and it runs longer under load
> then the other old kernel but i get an oops again...... :-(
> here it is!

I see you are using part of the syslog messages. Can you find the syslog
initscript and add the -x option to it? By adding -x to syslog it will not
try to interpret the oops.

This might give better results in running ksymoops.

I am suspecting hardware problems. Could you find and run memtest86 to
test your memory?

I am updating my tree here to -pre2 as well and see if it gives me
problems.

Cheers
Seth