Re: Kernel Oops .....

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:18:36 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Wahlbrink <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 01.09.2001 18:35:46 Seth Mos wrote:
>On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>
>> On 31.08.2001 23:57:07 Seth Mos wrote:
>> >On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Bad news.....
>> Ok, the Kernel compiled fine with kgcc ;-) and it runs longer under
>load
>> then the other old kernel but i get an oops again...... :-(
>> here it is!
>
>I see you are using part of the syslog messages. Can you find the syslog
>initscript and add the -x option to it? By adding -x to syslog it will
>not
>try to interpret the oops.

Ok its done!

>This might give better results in running ksymoops.
>
>I am suspecting hardware problems. Could you find and run memtest86 to
>test your memory?

No problem, as standard Suse Installs an Memtest Bootimage......
..... I let run memtest for 1pass with no errors so it seems, that the
256mb infineon module works correct.
Perhaps it is a problem, that i chose in the kernel athlon/duron as
processor type, i'll build a kernel with only pentium.... maybe it will
help?
And will try the things also on another old pII mashine with only 2 30gig
hdds....... (takes some time)

>I am updating my tree here to -pre2 as well and see if it gives me
>problems.
>
>Cheers
>Seth

cu