Re: about to try RAID....

To: "P.Dixon" <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: about to try RAID....
From: Matteo Centonza <matteo@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:18:52 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

we actually use a Promise Ultra ATA 100 and an on board controller with 4
IBM DTLA hd with LVM on top of soft RAID5 (Athlon 1.33 Ghz).
This setup is in production, updating the kernel cvs every once in a
while, since early june, it's rock solid, and recently saved our ass
when our server keep on crashing hergodically (10 times per day due to a
power supply defect, avoiding the consequent 140 Gb fs check).
Thanks to XFS(primarily) and LVM, we have extremely valid HA solution for
linux.

Thanks a lot guys.

Ciao,

-m