Re: Kernel Oops .....

To: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops .....
From: "Michael Wahlbrink" <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:22:54 +0200
Cc: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Wahlbrink <miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 02.09.2001 00:07:42 "Michael Wahlbrink" wrote:
>Ok, no problem ;-)
>
>I'll make my tests with ext2 to see if the kernel 'oopses' too.........
>And the PII is still compiling th xfs kernel....
>
>cu
>michael

Ok, I think I've found the error! :-))
I've made the tests also with ext2 and run into IO errors...... I checked
the drives and burned my fingers...... The drives are getting to hot :-(
So I installed a additional cooler and all was nearly fine...
Because of all the compilation tries and tests my system was unusuable and
i get more and more strange errors (also from xfs)...... So i installed a
new clean system (2.4.10-pre4-xfs), and now its working.......!
On the PII its also working fine.....

But there is one thing, why does ext2 says that it have IO Problems when
writing to disk and xfs simply dies with an oops when you try to acess the
corrupt data ????

cu
michael