Re: Are there any issues with Sparcstations

To: James <jdickens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Are there any issues with Sparcstations
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Sep 2001 04:52:25 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "James" == James  <jdickens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

James> I am happily running XFS on my main home file server (intel),
James> and am thinking about using XFS on my new ( for me, anyway)
James> Sparcstation 5, it will be a couple of small partitions less
James> than 5gig each, that will house a small news feed, is XFS (cvs)
James> ready/compatible with Sparc's running Linux ?

I haven't tried XFS on SPARC in a long time, so I don't know for sure.
With a SPARCstation 5 you should be fine, though.

On sun4u, on the other hand, we have a few issues with the userland
utilities because kernel is 64-bit and userland is 32.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/