XFS to main kernel source

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFS to main kernel source
From: Narancs v1 <narancs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:12:48 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all!

First of all, I want to thank you the great job you do to Linux!
Linux is a great OS/kernel and XFS is my favorite FS since I tried it.

When will be the XFS patch integrated to main tree?

I'm really fed up with trying to get linux-2.4.9 + acXX or preXX + xfs

I'm using XFS from notebooks to DB servers and it's really hard to compile
a good and fresh kernel.

Now I currently have some machines like 2.4.10-pre-xfs and so on.
I want to have some features from -ac tree and/or the latest pre kernels,
but patching fails, I have to do things by hand with the .rej files, and I
can make mistakes so I have a kernel in the notebook which handles the
ps/2 mouse in X very bad (the cursor jumps on big use I/O or CPU, maybe
sy with the interrupts is wrong.)

I know it takes time and resources, but if once XFS is in the main tree as
Reiser is in (maybe other folks wants ext3 to get in too) -
this problem will be eleminated, and I could use ie. the usb/SCSI module
hp scanner with xfs and dvd playback too.

Narancs v1
IT Security Administrator

"Security of information is an illusion.
What is in one's mind gets into the collective consciousness (akasha),
so that can be read with meditation ;-) You don't have to hack.
Just 'remember'! You're the one."

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)