Re: Stable Version?

To: Aaron Macks <aaronm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Stable Version?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:11:10 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Aaron Macks wrote:

> I've
> noticed that the cvs tree is up past 2.4.9, but do these provide any
> benifit to the XFS/NFS system, or are they just keeping up with the
> main tree?

Some of both.  If you're having specific issues with the underlying
2.4.5 kernel that are fixed in the later kernels, that might be a reason
to upgrade.  If you're having specific issues with XFS, post them here
and we can let you know whether they have been addressed in later
kernels.

But if things are working well, don't try to fix it.  :)

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.