Re: Xfsdump doesnt work

To: laurent ribeyre <laurent.ribeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xfsdump doesnt work
From: Timothy Shimmin <tes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:51:28 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Laurent,

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:27:48AM +0200, laurent ribeyre wrote:
> Hello SGI.com
>
>     I hope that you will be able to help me.
> I join this attachment with this mail.
> I dont undersand why xfsdump doesnt work
> is a syntax error? bad install?
> my computer has xfs filesystem everywhere (/, /usr......)
> the version of xfs is 1.0.9
> the error is segmentation fault
>
> thank a lot for you help
>
> laurent ribeyre (im from france, sorry for my bad english)

We need a bit more information.
As Nate Straz suggested, a core file would be useful.
There are some other things to do.
1) Run xfsdump with the option -v5 to give us more verbose output
2) Use gdb with the core file and give us a back trace (bt)
  i.e. $ gdb xfsdump core
       (gdb) bt

BTW, the output from (1) and/or (2) can just be sent as ASCII text -
don't really need jpeg file :)

Ciao,
Tim.