Re: Corruption of in-memory data detected.

To: Marc Schmitt <schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Corruption of in-memory data detected.
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 12:14:07 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, florin@xxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Please let me know if you want me to run any other tests.

Hi Marc -

If you don't mind tinkering a bit, the first thing to do is enable kdb
and set a breakpoint, so we can see how we're getting to this point..

Enter KDB by pressing the pause key (or ctrl-a on serial console)

Then do this:

kdb> bp _xfs_force_shutdown
kdb> go

next time you hit this bug, it will drop you into kdb.  Type

kdb> bt

to get a backtrace, and that will be a start to getting useful info.

you cant type

kdb> go

at that point to get the system running again.

If you don't have a serial console, it will be tough to capture the
output, but if you can just give us function names that will be a
start...

Thanks,

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.