Re: OpenGL + Alpha XFS question (was Re: Daily XFS CVS RPMS)

To: Robin Humble <rjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OpenGL + Alpha XFS question (was Re: Daily XFS CVS RPMS)
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:19:30 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 01:40:18PM +1000, Keith Owens wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:09:52 +1000 (EST),
> Robin Humble <rjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Just to drag this topic back to XFS - a friend is installing on Alphas
> >and gets a kernel panic when xfs_check or xfs_repair is run... is this a
> >known problem? He's using the XFS for Alpha RH7.1 installer I presume
> >that's the Release 1.0.1 Alpha-XFS-Installer-PR1.iso ... Would a cvs kernel
> >and xfsprogs help any?

Possibly.  When running xfs_check/xfs_repair there is no XFS
interaction involved - these access the block device directly.
So, XFS kernel changes since 1.0.1 are unlikely to help, but
the numerous underlying kernel changes might.

> Sounds like the unaligned access problems in xfs_repair that Nathan
> Scott fixed last week.  Grab the cmd directory from the CVS tree and
> build your own xfsprogs.

Hmm... that wouldn't cause a panic though, at worst you might
see SIGBUS in the user tools.  Do you have ksymoops output?
(assuming there's no kdb for Alpha)

cheers.

--
Nathan