Re: updating usermode packages

To: Micah Yoder <yodermk@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: updating usermode packages
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Oct 2001 15:08:25 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 12:02, Micah Yoder wrote:
> [micah@nova micah]$ rpm -qa | grep xfs
> xfsprogs-1.2.7-0
> xfsprogs-devel-1.2.7-0
> xfsdump-1.0.9-0
>
> How important is it to upgrade these when one upgrades a kernel?
>
> --
> Like to travel?                        http://TravTalk.org
> Micah Yoder Internet Development       http://yoderdev.com

Basically not very - unless there is an explicit instruction to do so.
For the most part user space is getting very few bug fixes, there were
some alignment fixes recently which affected ia64 and sparc, and a fix
for making filesystems bigger than 1 Tbyte. If we make a kernel
interface change then we will definitely tell people about it
explicitly.

Steve