I/O Issue causes hanging processes

To: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: I/O Issue causes hanging processes
From: "Gonyou, Austin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:19:03 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
This script will cause some issues on Linux running XFS.
Currently the kernel is a 2.4.10 vanilla + xfs patch. That's it.
There are no other drivers, etc. I'm going to test with other filesystems
too,
but it seems to be a buffering issue. If anyone could test with this script
on a box
they can reboot readily, cuz typing 'reboot' at a prompt is sure lilo
corruption
or library corruption most times. The only way we've been able to ensure the
system will come
back up with minimal damage is to do a hard reboot. Thanks for listening and
I hope someone can
help answer this terrible issue.

##!/usr/bin/perl
#
#open FD, ">>spew.out";
#
#while (true) {
#    print FD
#"asdjf;lasdjkflasjdflasjkdfljkasdflkjasd;lfjkas;dlfjka;sldkfja;sldkfjasl;dk
fja;sldjkf;lasdkjf;laskjdf;laskdjf;laskjdf;la#skjqpoewiurqpoweiurpoqweiur
#poqwieurpoqiweurpoiqwueproiuweopriulznmxc/.v,mzxc/v.,mzxc/.,vm;alksdjf;lask
jdf;lkasdjpfqiweuroiwuqpeoriuwqpeoiruopqeiurp#oiasjdfl;kjas;dlfkjasdl;kfja;s
ldkjflaskdjf;lknmzX?C>,nvxcz/.vnz/xc.,vnxzcnv/kjsda;lkfja;sdldkjfpalsdkjfpas
d\n";
#}
#
#close FD;