I/O Issue causes hanging processes

To: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: I/O Issue causes hanging processes
From: "Gonyou, Austin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:19:03 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
This script will cause some issues on Linux running XFS.
Currently the kernel is a 2.4.10 vanilla + xfs patch. That's it.
There are no other drivers, etc. I'm going to test with other filesystems
but it seems to be a buffering issue. If anyone could test with this script
on a box
they can reboot readily, cuz typing 'reboot' at a prompt is sure lilo
or library corruption most times. The only way we've been able to ensure the
system will come
back up with minimal damage is to do a hard reboot. Thanks for listening and
I hope someone can
help answer this terrible issue.

#open FD, ">>spew.out";
#while (true) {