Re: Who / What's using Linux XFS?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Who / What's using Linux XFS?
From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:33:46 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Here at the IQ Group, Inc. we use XFS for all our production and development servers.

Our OS of choice is Slackware Linux 8.0.

Our hardware of choice is Dell and VALinux servers.

As for applications, we run the standard Unix/Linux apps like Sendmail, Apache, BIND, DHCP, iptables, etc.; as well as Oracle 9i and Arkeia.

We've been running XFS across the board for about 3 months now without a hitch (so far).

Size-wise, our biggest server is about 40 GB, but that will be increasing substantially in the near future.

Our production servers are collocated so a journaled FS was a must. Reboots are quick and no human interaction is required like with a bad fsck on ext2. Additionally, our database servers gain additional integrity and robustness.

We originally chose XFS over ReiserFS and ext3 because of it's age (it's been in production on SGI boxes for probably longer than all the other journalling FS's combined) and it's speed appeared comparable as well.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin
-- Systems Administrator