Re: Again: xfsrestore assertion failure

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Again: xfsrestore assertion failure
From: Steve Roseman <sgr0@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:25:59 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> Today I ran into the same problem and after applying this fix, all seems to
>> work well again. Any reason this fix hasn't been applied in the CVS code ?
>
> This is not the correct fix.  That field should be endian converted.
>
> I'm not sure what the correct fix would be at the moment.  I'll be able to
> look into it further if someone could supply a core file.
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

        Actually, I was never convinced it was right, either.  It just "made it
work", and I never got back to look at it.  We're currently not using
xfsdump here, so I quit working on it.

        My suspicion is that the little->big->little endian (or is it
big->little->big?) conversion doesn't work for the initial value of
(-1).

Steve

Steve Roseman
Lehigh University Information Resources