Re: mailing list status

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:12:03 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Derek Richardson <derek.richardson@xxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Speaking of people not being on the list, I'd like to make a suggestion
for the list administrator.

Pretty much all list servs come with sufficient functionality as to reject
messages sent from addresses that are not subscribed to the lists in
question (I run a number of majordomo lists configured exactly that way).

Given the spam that's come through the list lately (not much...but enough
to be annoying), I think it safe to say that the members of the list, here
assembled <wink>, would be fine with having the list configured so that
only subscribed list members could submit messages to the list.