Problem with XFS 1.02 / RedHat 7.2 install

To: <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Problem with XFS 1.02 / RedHat 7.2 install
From: "Michael Mehrle" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:32:41 -0800
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Eric:

You already helped sombody solve a similar problem, so I thought you might be
able to 'ease' my pain. I'm getting the same error message, but in my case it's
with RedHat 7.2. Do you know what I need to do in order to make my RedHat disc
1 to be properly 'flagged'. I assume it's a different file with a different
string this time. Your help would HUGELY appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

  a.. Subject: Re: Problem with XFS 1.01 / RedHat 7.1 install
  b.. From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
  c.. Date: 06 Aug 2001 10:06:18 -0500
  d.. Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
  e.. In-Reply-To: <200108060418.f764IU604838@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  f.. References: <200108060418.f764IU604838@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  g.. Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 05 Aug 2001 21:16:15 -0400, sgarcia@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm having some difficulty with a new install using XFS1.01 and RedHat
> 7.1.  Everything seems to go along fine until it asks for the RedHat disc
> 1.  I get a popup telling me "That's not the correct CDROM".  I've put the
> CD into another machine and confirmed that it is disc1 of the RedHat 7.1
> set.

Keith had the right idea, but the message he pointed you to was headed
for a wrong solution... if you don't have a file called ".disc1-i386" in
the root of your "Disc 1", with "986787650.210260" in that file, then
you don't have an "official" Red Hat 7.1 disc.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]