Re: 2.4.17-xfs w/ VMWare

To: "Brian C . Huffman" <sheep@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.17-xfs w/ VMWare
From: Olaf Fr±czyk <olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:29:30 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 2002.01.10 18:12:43 +0100 Brian C. Huffman wrote:
All,

        Are there any known issues w/ 2.4.17 w/ XFS and VMWare?  I've
been
trying to get this combo to work (w/ win2k guest) and am having quite a
few problems.  I keep getting "stack shutdowns" inside the vmware
machine.
Hi,
Do you have non-Intel processor, or VIA chipset?
As you will find in the list, I have similar problems.
Subjects:
1. vmware+XFS+duron+viakt133 - works?
2. XFS is innocent - was: vmware+XFS+duron+viakt133 - works?

Last time I thought everything is OK, but it wasn't true.
I have to test it more. I still don't know if it is XFS related or not.
Could you tell what you have tested and when it crashes?

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk