Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jan 2002 16:24:10 -0600
Cc: Sean Neakums <sneakums@xxxxxxxx>, Linux XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
To throw some fat on the fire here, I've build emacs 21.1 several times
on xfs only systems without failure. (as well as anything else under the
sun.)

Currently I'm building an XFS based distribution for use locally, and
I've build glibc 2.2.4(and cvs) + emacs 21.1 + kernels etc. No issues
ever. I've had LVM in my kernel and NOT in my kernel. I've not ever had
an issue like this.

I've built all these things on SCSI and IDE. With HW Raid and without.
No failures as yet.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA