Re: SAMBA 2.2.2 AND XFS QUOTA SUPPORT

To: Fabrizio Celli <fabrizio.celli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SAMBA 2.2.2 AND XFS QUOTA SUPPORT
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:42:00 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:12:04PM -0100, Fabrizio Celli wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> testing the Nathan's "experimental" patch we got samba working on a xfs
> filesystem with quota enabled,
> Our configuration is:
> RH 7.2 with SGI custom kernel 2.4.9-13
> samba 2.2.2 with the xfs quota patch

Last I heard, Jeremy had added this patch into Samba CVS and
the Mandrake folk that were testing it were saying that it
was all working correctly.

> The only problem we encountered (by now) is that from a win2k client, when
> we access the smb share with quota on, the win2k file manager show us the
> whole size of the filesystem instead of the soft limit size.
> Naturally we can't write more than the hard limit but it's not nice for our
> customers to think of having 100Gb of free space and get the message "DISK
> FULL"
>
> Using an ext3 filesystem everything seem working...
> We don't know if it's a samba xfs quota implementation problem or not.
>
> Any suggestion ?

Are you sure the new code was compiled into smbd correctly?
(check your configure output files - config.* - there should
be a #define LINUX_XFS_QUOTA, or somthing similar).  You could
also strace smbd to check that it is making quotactl syscalls
for XFS filesystems, and that these syscalls aren't failing.

cheers.

--
Nathan