Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume

To: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume
From: Stephen Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:25:49 -0600
Cc: Linux XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 12:51, Steve Lord wrote:
[...]

Sean, can you see if the attached patch against the current cvs tree
fixes the problem for you? So far I have not been able to reproduce
with this change.
[...]

Steve, I tried the first fix (to the "Emacs" problem) you issued to see whether it helps with my problem, but it doesn't. I copied the old RAID over to the new one, got NO "filesystem shutdown" messages, but I still have these strange "hidden" files:

Fileserver:/mnt/raidNEU# ls -lahR >/tmp/ls-lahR ls: ./path/to/file/069746IM.Mrw: No such file or directory

I'm gonna try the new fix you issued on 07 Jan 2002 14:35:24 -0600 in your message with ID <1010435724.15632.5.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Unfortunately, neither of these is going to help you I believe, they are related to
a file corruption, not to a metadata corruption.

Steve