Re: Partition un(mount|repairable)

To: Deti Fliegl <fliegl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Partition un(mount|repairable)
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:31:41 +1100
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi there,

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:30:26PM +0100, Deti Fliegl wrote:
> Hi
>
> some days ago one of our systems crashed due to a defective CPU cooler.
> The XFS filesystem on it now is unmountable and unrepairable:

> imap claims in-use inode 686650 is free, correcting imap
> imap claims in-use inode 686651 is free, correcting imap
> imap claims in-use inode 686652 is free, correcting imap
> imap claims in-use inode 686653 is free, correcting imap
> imap claims in-use inode 686654 is free, correcting imap
> imap claims in-use inode 686655 is free, correcting imap
> avl_insert: Warning! duplicate range [0xbee40,0xbee80)
>
> fatal error -- xfs_repair:  duplicate inode range

Yes, this one seems to keep reappearing for some reason.  I
have had a quick look at the repair code - its fairly hairy
and I'd really need a filesystem which exhibits the problem
to try and fix xfs_repair here.

> Is there any chance left to get the filesystem working again?

Not with the current version of xfs_repair.  I have so far
been unable to corrupt a filesystem in this way - is there
any chance I could get access to the filesystem image from
you?  (could you compress it and make it ftp'able for just
me or something like that?).

many thanks.

--
Nathan