Re: extended attributes support on powerpc

Subject: Re: extended attributes support on powerpc
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:02:34 +1100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:03:11PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:47:24 -0900,
> Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >i assume the numbering doesn't affect userland at all, its only used
> >for internal compilation of the kernel correct?
>
> The syscall numbers are also used by the ACL programs.  In XFS CVS
> theye are in cmd/attr/libattr/attr.c at line 292.  Forgot about those,
> I don't work on the user space commands.

The ACL userspace will also need updating - see the end of
cmd/acl/libacl/acl.c

In terms of including these changes, we're looking at ways
to consolidate the different ACL/EA userspace packages at
the moment (between XFS and ext2/3) and these syscalls will
likely be reworked at some point in the future, so I'm a bit
hesitant to go extending this code to new platforms in the
interim (would equate to more places where it may break down
the track).

cheers.

--
Nathan