Re: Oops in bdflush with 2.4.1[4|7]-xfs

To: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oops in bdflush with 2.4.1[4|7]-xfs
From: Nathan Poznick <poznick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:45:23 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thus spake Austin Gonyou:
> Could you see if my XFS-AA patch does anything for you? There are
> changes to bdflush in it and I'd be interested to see if they go away.
>
> http://www.digitalroadkill.net/Patches/2.4.17-xfs-aa.patch.bz2

Unfortunately I can't really do to much messing around with this
machine right now, it's being used pretty heavily.  Even after bdflush
died and I needed to bounce the machine, I just about had to beat the
developers off the machine with a stick. :-)

Eric Sandeen suggested turning off DMAPI support, so I'm going to give
that a try first.  I'll go ahead and grab a copy of your patch, and
give it a try if the problem still resurfaces.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
PGP Key: http://drunkmonkey.org/pgpkey.txt

Boss:   You forgot to assign the result of your map!
Hacker: Dang, I'm always forgetting my assignations...
Boss:   And what's that "goto" doing there?!?
Hacker: Er, I guess my finger slipped when I was typing "getservbyport"...
Boss:   Ah well, accidents will happen.  Maybe we should have picked APL.
-- Larry Wall