Re: New XFS Survey Response

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New XFS Survey Response
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:47:08 +1100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Some kind of automated patch dump would be nice. I use the benh kernel
>for powerpc, so merging by hand is a necessity, and sometimes it's
>difficult to find a good set of xfs patches for a given version.

See ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/2.4.17/README.  To
patch other trees you need XFS split into its components which is what
you get in patches/2.4.*.

It is quite a bit of work to take the CVS tree and separate the various
components, it has to be done by hand.  These snapshots are only
created for major kernel releases and when we believe that XFS is
stable on that release, they are not up to date.  For automated patch
dumps, fetch all of XFS CVS and diff it against a pristine
Marcelo/Linus tree.