AW: best kernel version to use with XFS+LVM+MD

To: "'Seth Mos'" <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: best kernel version to use with XFS+LVM+MD
From: "mai99bxd" <mai99bxd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:19:01 +0100
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Seth,

>Make sure that you make the log of the raid5 volume external and
>preferably
>on the raid1 device (make a 50MB partition for this). This will result
in a
>normal performance level of the raid5 volume.

Thank you. I read this in the mailing list. On witch fakt depends the
size of 50MB? Is it rigth that one logfile can be max 32MB? Can I put
more than one log in the same partition? I want use more than one XFS
filesystem on the RAID5.

>The releases based on the Red Hat kernels (the XFS 1.0 1.0.1 and 1.0.2)

>releases do well. They are well tested. The XFS 1.0.2 release is the
latest
>and there is a contributed Red Hat errata kernel for 1.0.2 in the
contrib
>directory of the ftp site. ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

I use SuSE 7.1 with several updates and almost self compiled standard
kernel's from original source (www.kernel.org). The Question is: can I
use the last (2.4.17) or are there known problems with this version?

I ask this, because ReiserFS for example had sometimes lists with known
bugs on some kernels.

Bye

ALEX
http://alexk.homeip.net