Mounting an xfs partition twice?

To: XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mounting an xfs partition twice?
From: Jim Buzbee <James.Buzbee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:03:18 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
While looking into an apparent filesystem corruption issue, I noticed
that a script that we run mounts an already mounted filesystem in a
different location.  Mount allows it. Is this a feature? or is this a
_bad_ thing?  The corruption I am seeing is not on the partition that is
mounted twice.

In the corrupted directory, I see several files listed twice, and a
simple "ls -l" gives me several  "No such file or directory" errors on
other files that were previously in the directory.

Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Buzbee
Echostar Technologies