Re: Mounting an xfs partition twice?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mounting an xfs partition twice?
From: Jim Buzbee <James.Buzbee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:21:50 -0700
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote :

> Well, repeatable is good.  Just send me one of the set-top boxes, and
> ... ;-)

Just wait until we hit the market, then call your local Dish Network
dealer :-)

> So you're recording, playing, and installing tar files at the same
> time?

Yeah, and we could be doing this with dual streams -  I hope we're not
pushing too hard...

> Which files get mixed up, the mpegs, or the files from the tar?

The files from the tar - The mpeg data looks good.

> Does it fail if you only install, and don't record/play?

I'll try.

Although at this point the directory structure is probably already
corrupted,  here's a partial strace of a simple "rm" that is failing.

lstat64("DishLinux.tar.bz2.old", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0664,
st_size=10698129, ...}) = 0
access("DishLinux.tar.bz2.old", W_OK)   = 0
unlink("DishLinux.tar.bz2.old")         = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

> If you can duplicate this without the need for a satellite, perhaps we
> can duplicate it here as well.
>
> Although, if it "just started occuring" - sounds like it might be some
> change you made...

I'm going to move back to a previous build of the kernel to see if the
problem goes away.

Jim Buzbee,
Echostar Technologies