Re: DMAPI rights

To: "James A Goodwin" <jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DMAPI rights
From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:38:19 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From:  "James A Goodwin" <jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx>

>Do you have any idea how to fix the problem of the ne_mode field not
>returned with the remove event, or is this something that I'll have to find
>a workaround for?

Here's what I've been using for now....

In xfs_remove(), where dm_send_namesp_event(DM_EVENT_REMOVE) is called, place
dp->i_d.di_mode in the appropriate place in the parameter list, replacing the
zero that is there now.

That'll give you the info, and I suspect everything there should be fine.  Our
HSM doesn't use this event, so it's hard for me to see if I'm causing problems
by doing this.

Dean