Re: XFS NFS server Oops

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS NFS server Oops
From: "Ian D. Hardy" <i.d.hardy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:11:28 +0000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, idh@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve +,

Thanks for the patch (vnode.patch) and sorry for the delay, we've had a
week or so of stability on this server so haven't had chance to install
the patched kernel.

However, managed to fit it into a regular maintenance period yesterday,
though I soon ran into (what I believe was) the bug reported by Dave
Alden and fixed by you/Eric Sandeen (thanks!) of NFS hangs
(page_buf_io.c) (though it was not quite as reproducible as it seemed to
be for Dave) - anyway updated to the latest CVS tree (as of ~ 12:00GMT
13th March) + the patch you sent me last week and so far so good! As
I indicated before I have seen upto 14 days between crashes so its a
bit early to tell if its fixed my problem but at least its run for
>24hrs now without any noticeable bad effects.

Regards and thanks.

Ian Hardy

--

/////////////Technical Coordination, Research Services////////////////////
Ian Hardy                                   Tel: 023 80 593577