Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, Mihai RUSU <dizzy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:54:30 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 13:45 21-3-2002 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
The RPMs are still compiled with "kgcc" for x86... Steve has been using
gcc-2.96-101 with good success.  I think that 2.95.x is not so good.  If
anyone has had problems with one compiler, that were solved by changing
to kgcc or a newer compiler, please chime in...

Anything newer then kgcc fails to compile newer ISDN drivers like the diva driver for Eicon Diva Server cards. This is a add-on patch and I have contacted the author about this.

Besides this I have not seen any serious problems, I have used gcc3 instead of kgcc with good success.

I _really_ hope that some day this question can go away.  :)

I don't think you are the only one.

Cheers

--
Seth